Try chiropractic or acupuncture from a top local expert and save money. Also, never tried acupuncture? Check out our deals/specials.Read more
List of Injuries and Painful Conditions
Aches, pains and injuries from your headache to your turf toe - we help relieve them.
You have lower back pain? Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! About 80% of adults will experience lower back pain at some time in their life. In any given month, somewhere between 35% and 37% of the general population experiences lower back pain. So, you're not alone - and we can help.
Neck pain injuries are often caused by muscle strains/overuse, nerve compression, old age, whiplash and in some cases may be caused by disease (I.e. rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis).If you've had enough of neck pain and you want to feel better, be pain-free, and have the full range of motion and use of your neck, then please call us today to get started.
Chiropractic care is the treatment of choice for whiplash. Dr. Etter is a specialist who focuses on the spine and spinal injuries. Chiropractic adjustments reduce spinal splinting caused by injury thereby reducing adhesions and fixations between spinal joints. If Whiplash is making you miserable and you want to feel better, be pain-free, then call today - we are ready to help.
The shoulder is a common site of pain and injury, and it comes as no surprise. As the most mobile joint in the human body - the shoulder also is of the least stable joints. Repetitive stress activities (especially in the overhead position) often overstress the muscles, ligaments and the capsule of the shoulder.
- Some individuals are also predisposed structurally to problems with the shoulder that may be exacerbated by certain activity.
- Sports and athletic activities (I.e. weight lifting, swimming, throwing) are commonly the cause of shoulder injuries.
- Even mundane tasks can irritate the shoulder (think: vacuuming, yard work, computer work, et al.).
The most common conditions of the shoulder are Impingement Syndrome (aka Bursitis), Adhesive Capsulitis, Biceps Tendonitis, Tear of the Glenoid Labrum and A-C Joint Separation. We have over twelve years of treating shoulder conditions - and we can help you.
Injuries to the Rotator Cuff are painful and can be debilitating. As active people, we tend to use our arms and shoulders frequently on a daily basis (and if your rotator cuff is injured/painful - you will become acutely aware of how much you use it!).
The four rotator cuff muscles hold the arm in proper position and protect the shoulder joint from uncontrolled movement. These muscles all attach on the shoulder blade and form a 'cuff' around the humerus ( upper arm bone). The supraspinatus muscle is the most common site of injury and complete tear.
Tendonitis of the muscles of the rotator cuff is common and can be successfully treated with a combination of myofascial release and stretching/strengthening exercises.
Myofascial release and Chiropractic manipulation of the shoulder is effective in reducing many of the symptoms of pain and weakness in a partial tear. Full-thickness tears are usually surgically repaired in younger individuals.
If you're fed up with shoulder pain or an injured rotator cuff and you want to feel better, be pain-free, and have the full range of motion and use of your shoulder and arm, call our office in Ponca today: 402-755-4111
Has your health and happiness been impacted because of an automobile accident? We are dedicated to helping people be free from pain and providing the very best in chiropractic care and pain treatment.
Auto accidents often cause one or more of the following injuries and conditions: Back Pain, Lower Back Pain, Neck Pain, Whiplash, Headache Pain, Migraines and more. Call us, we can help.
Headaches and head pain are often caused by a neck condition referring to the back of the head and the area above the eyes (I.e., tension headaches). You can often identify tension headaches from trigger points or tight and tender areas of the muscles of the neck. The good news is that Dr. Tom knows how to effectively treat trigger points in the neck with myofascial release.
Another effective way to treat headaches via neck muscle troubles is with acupuncture. Combining acupuncture with electronic stimulation (eStim) can often break up the trigger point.
Chiropractic adjustments can also relieve pain in the joints of the neck which are also associated with pain referred into the head and face. Ready to say goodbye to painful headaches? Call today! 402-755-4111.
We specialize in treating athletic injuries - which often include various 'running' injuries, as follows:
- Shin Splints: Shin splints produce pain in the lower leg following walking or running on hard surfaces. Often felt as a deep ache that worsens when bearing weight. Lack in proper footwear can overload the muscles that provide shock absorption. Two types of shin splints may affect either the front or back on the lower leg.
- Compartment syndromes of the lower leg: Athletes and runners get compartment syndrome, identified by pain, aching or cramping of the leg following exercise (usually 10-30 minutes). You may also get some numbness or tingling in your foot. This condition is usually caused by an increase in your exercise regime, but may also be resultant of lower leg trauma.
- Plantar Fascitis: Plantar fascitis is easily recognized by the sharp heel pain radiating along the bottom of the inside of the foot (often noticeable and intense when getting out of bed in the morning). Nearly 10% of all runners get Plantar Fasciitis - and it can affect runners with either high or flat arches. Heel spurs may also occur but are not the cause of this condition (only 10% - 27% of asymptomatic patients have a spur - and heel spurs are resultant of chronic tension on the plantar fascia).
Fed up with the pain and discomfort from your running injury(s)? Why not be pain-free, and enjoy running again! Call Dr. Tom at 402-755-4111.
If your wrist is causing pain due to sports, computer work or other recreational activities - you might be suffering from carpal-tunnel syndrome. If so, we can help. Dr. Etter has treated patients to relieve pain associated with wrists and carpal-tunnel. . . read more
Whether your sports-related injury is recent or you've suffered the pain for a long time, treatment by myofascial release can help interrupt the cycle of inflammation, scar tissue, impairment and pain. Call us - we are ready to help.
Chances are your knee pain results from direct trauma knee injury, but knee pain also can be caused by a variety of other things:
- Referred pain from sensitive structures in the lower back, pelvis, leg or foot.
- Referred pain from facet joints, sacro-iliac joints and hip joints.
- Trigger points in the muscles may also refer pain into the knee.
- Peripheral nerve entrapment (including sciatic nerve) may also cause knee pain.
- Knee injury(s) may also be the result of trauma or overuse conditions.
Dr. Etter is skilled and experienced in treating and relieving pain caused by knee injuries using a variety of techniques. Free your knees! Call today for an appt! 402-755-4111.
Where does it hurt?
From Back Pain and Sports Injuries to Whiplash & Fibromyalgia - we treat a number of conditions, and we look forward to helping you become pain-free.
Etter Chiropractic and Acupuncture provides chiropractic care and acupuncture to clients in the Ponca, NE and KC areas since 2001.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm, Sunday: By Appt.
Author: Tom Etter (Connect at Google+)
Company Page: Find us on Google+
Newsletter: Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Dr. Etter has helped his clients become pain free for 12+ years - and is very highly recommended. Call now for an appt. 402-755-4111Read Testimonials