Try chiropractic or acupuncture from a top local expert and save money. Also, never tried acupuncture? Check out our deals/specials.Read more
Knee Injuries and Knee Pain
If you have injured your knee recently, call us today. We can help.
Causes of Knee Pain
Chances are your knee pain results from direct trauma knee injury, but knee pain also can be caused by a variety of other things:
- referred pain from sensitive structures in the lower back, pelvis, leg or foot,
- referred pain from facet joints, sacro-iliac joints and hip joints
- trigger points in the muscles may also refer pain into the knee.
- peripheral nerve entrapment (including sciatic nerve) may also cause knee pain.
- knee injury(s) may also be the result of trauma or overuse conditions.
The Vulnerable Knee
As a relatively unprotected joint, the knee is quite susceptible to traumatic injury. Internal knee damage is often hard to diagnose - additionally, swelling often compound difficulty in diagnosis ( due to the stabilizing effect).
Soft tissues injuries to the knee are most likely the result of overuse or disuse, such as:
- Pain in the front of the knee due to tracking problems of the knee cap and compression of the knee cap by the quadriceps muscle (athletes),
- Osteoarthritis (elderly people),
- ACL injury / instability, and
- Painful locking of the knee due to a meniscus tear.
Dr. Etter is skilled and experienced in treating and relieving pain caused by knee injuries using a variety of techniques.
Free your knees! Call today for an appt! 402-755-4111
We look forward to helping you.
Etter Chiropractic and Acupuncture provides chiropractic care and acupuncture to clients in the Ponca, NE and KC areas since 2001.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm, Sunday: By Appt.
Author: Tom Etter (Connect at Google+)
Company Page: Find us on Google+
Newsletter: Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Dr. Etter has helped his clients become pain free for 12+ years - and is very highly recommended. Call now for an appt. 402-755-4111Read Testimonials