Try chiropractic or acupuncture from a top local expert and save money. Also, never tried acupuncture? Check out our deals/specials.Read more
Wrist Pain and Carpal-Tunnel Syndrome
We have helped people suffering from wrist pain since 2001.
If your wrist is causing pain due to sports, computer work or other recreational activities - you might be suffering from carpal-tunnel syndrome. If so, we can help. Dr. Etter has treated patients to relieve pain associated with wrists and carpal-tunnel for over twelve years.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome results in pain and numbness on the palm surface of the hand including the thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger.
- Wrist pain is worse at night and usually causes problems doing coordination tasks with the hand.
- Problems with the wrist are often the result of direct trauma, falls and overuse. Falls often cause instability when ligaments are damaged.
- In athletics and computer user populations overuse is a common problem at the wrist. Positions that strain muscles repetitively are likely to result in insidious onset wrist pain (I.e. weight lifting, rowing, and racquetball)
- Cumulative trauma is another important factor in wrist injury. Any occupational activity that is performed many times a day may be the cause of pain in the wrist and chronic overuse injury.
Both wrist pain and pain in the forearm are usually due to overuse. If weakness or tingling is present it often means a peripheral nerve is entrapped (a la, pronator teres). Myofascial release treatments are very effective for peripheral nerve entrapments in the wrist.
Ready to bid farewell to carpal-tunnel and wrist pain? Call for an appt today! 402-755-4111
Call us today for an appointment. We look forward to helping you.
Etter Chiropractic and Acupuncture provides chiropractic care and acupuncture to clients in the Ponca, NE and KC areas since 2001.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm, Sunday: By Appt.
Author: Tom Etter (Connect at Google+)
Company Page: Find us on Google+
Newsletter: Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Dr. Etter has helped his clients become pain free for 12+ years - and is very highly recommended. Call now for an appt. 402-755-4111Read Testimonials