Try chiropractic or acupuncture from a top local expert and save money. Also, never tried acupuncture? Check out our deals/specials.Read more
Soft tissue therapy to treat pain and restricted motion
Soft Tissue Therapy
Myofascial Release is soft tissue therapy to treat pain and restricted motion which uses continual palpatory feedback to achieve release of myofascial tissues. This is said to be accomplished via:
- relaxing contracted muscles,
- increasing circulation
- increasing lymphatic drainage, and
- stimulating the stretch reflex of muscles and overlying fascia.
Overcoming Overuse and/or Injury
By addressing the changes that occur in muscles and ligaments as a result of overuse or injury (a common condition both in sports and occupational situations) - Myofascial Release has shown to be a very effective technique. Other notes about MR:
- Minor injuries to soft tissues are often due to mild overuse or overstretching.
- Severe injuries result in swelling, pain and possibly a loss of function.
- Muscle tears can result in bleeding which is associated with later adhesion formation or thickening of tendons and ligaments (tendinosis).
- Muscle injury often causes stiffening when muscles are at rest.
- Muscle pain is usually relieved by movement but the movement can aggravate the underlying cause which includes scar tissue in the muscle.
Myofascial fibrositis is an established clinical syndrome in which the muscles undergo a cycle of scar tissue formation and inflammation. The muscles fail to heal completely following an injury, which, if unmanaged may cause difficulty in moving the joints and tender nodules in the muscles. Muscle stiffness after rest is common occurrence with myofascial fibrositis.
Ready to Feel Better?
Schedule an appointment today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Please call with any questions.
Etter Chiropractic and Acupuncture provides chiropractic care and acupuncture to clients in the Ponca, NE and KC areas since 2001.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm, Sunday: By Appt.
Author: Tom Etter (Connect at Google+)
Company Page: Find us on Google+
Newsletter: Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Dr. Etter has helped his clients become pain free for 12+ years - and is very highly recommended. Call now for an appt. 402-755-4111Read Testimonials